29 March, 2011

NZ, Beauty, No Brains

Hey everyone,
Here is a video explaining my FB comment on how New Zealanders seem to be a little slow. The second video is somewhat related, but was inspired by some stupid Japanese tourists. I am beginning to actually hate the Japanese tourists because they just don't seem to give a shit about the environment, the animals, or the people that live in the particular country they are visiting. To some degree a country whose major industry is tourism, they should be better prepared and therefore some of it is New Zealand's fault. But that's another topic.



Please make a bigger deal out of this than you do NZ OR stop acting like it is a big deal if it isn't.



Here are some things in addition about how NZ is "thick" (most of it is subtle, but these were a bit bigger):
Oops, out of time. Check back for this to be updated

-------
Ok, so here are some of the more memorable "thick's"
- Not accepting Ryan's ID for beer, which should have been accepted cause it was a commonwealth ID. He was more upset about this one than I was. I know some places will only accept Passports.
- Renting campervans, but not telling you that it is illegal to sleep in them pretty much everywhere.
- Promoting 30 min. of free internet with purchase of coffee, only to tell you after you paying that the internet isn't working.
- Not letting me eat at a table at a cafe attached to the public library because I bought a sandwich from somewhere else. This is not an exaggeration, there was 0 customers, and he wouldn't let me sit on the deck either. Good customer relations dude, you made it 100% that I will not buy coffee or anything else from your establishment.
- Calling over a manager to double check my signature on a $3 purchase. I had just used my card for $50 purchase their and it was fine, then I realized I forgot sauce.
- Not having a vacuum that for me to use at your hostel.
- Like I mentioned, the road system. Seriously baffling. I get that there are things like cliffs and whatnot that require you to build winding roads, but even on the plains and where they didn't need to, they'd put in a succession of turns that you had to slow to 35kms for. Throw in one lane bridges and tunnels on the highway system and you got a WTF?

2 comments:

  1. U confuse me ...,,but I'm following u. Sounds like nz was similar ok. , I've heard the country is cool ,,but the peeps ain't into USA ....so they are pissers. See your mom yet? Seen some good views at the beaches? Gotta go be well. ,,,,yo pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dad, was just thinking about how I haven't heard much from you.
    Yeah, I think it's just tourists in general. They are like the people who get super famous overnight and almost resent it but also don't want to lose it either.
    My mom is no longer coming. Don had some weird health stuff. He's fine, but she was scared so she stayed.

    ReplyDelete