17 October, 2010

Moving On From Caye Caulker

Caye caulker was fun and super chill. It was pretty tough at first but things have improved. It definitely helped having Nicole's friend Leshea here, diving, and meeting people in the same place as me - just starting trips or nearing the end of long ass travel. There is a girl who has been traveling 8 years and teaches every now and then to supplement it, and Sam (Leshea's travel companion and friend) has done 6 or more year long trips. I can't say that that is my ultimate goal - to continue traveling like this for the rest of my life - and at the moment I'd say that I want to travel lots but maybe shorter periods of time like a couple months in one country here and there with someone.

I went diving yesterday and saw some some sea turtles, nurse shark, tiger fish, giant lobsters, eagle rays, sting rays, an eel, and coral reef.
I am still somewhat sad, but everyday is helping. My next stop is San Ignacio. There are some cool cave relics called Actun Tunchil Muknal, or ATM for short, I want to see. Then its back to Belize City to catch my flight. Thanks for the support from some of you; it means the world.
D

No comments:

Post a Comment