15 October, 2010

In the Beginning

FYI, proof reading is not going to happen Becquerel it will cost to much.
So, to start this post, lets begin with Thursday. That was one of the toughest days of my life. I left a girl I love behind, I had a constant sense of dread combined with a terrible upset stomach and crappy feeling. I was barely keeping it together all day and that little voice that tells you not to do things wasn't inactive to say the least. What that told me is that I'm human, and what's more, that I need to do this. Just cause this is scary, just cause I feel all alone, these are the reasons I need to do this.

I am currently blogging from my cell phone using g the wifi at my hostel. In fact I just met my roommates.
Anyway, my first day of the trip has been a mixed bag. Like usual, I kinda fly by the seat of my pants. But that's what you have to do on Walkabout. I passed out in my bed for about an hour after I got here and have had a general shitty feeling all day. I'm still a bit emotional and have questioned if I can actually do this multiple times. I feel alone even though I've met several nice people. I keep feeling like this is a week long trip or when I force myself to realize that it's a year, I get a trapped feeling. That's SLOWLY starting to go away and I think a good nights sleep is in order.
I'd have to say that my first impressions of Belize are that people are quite friendly. I made some friends at one of the dive companies and they took me to lunch ($4). Later, I met them for some sunset drinks. Still, I have been fighting exhaustion and upset stomach all day, and I think it's contributing to my woes. I hope tomorrow will be better.
On another note, here are some things that are odd. The hostel has a sign in the bathroom that I believe is telling me to not put my used tp in the toilet, but the garbage instead. There is no way I can stick to anything close to my diet. Everything has beans and rice and to get something without it that isn't $10 or more isn't going to happen.
Well, I'm off to meet up with Nicole's friend (if she's here).
Cross your fingers that time will heal (I think it will), these feelings and I will begin to able to really enjoy this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment