28 October, 2010

Bets on Weight Changes

This is a short post. I had a few people taking bets on whether or not I´ll gain wait on this trip or lose weight.
Feel free to take part in the bets by posting comments below. Some things to keep in mind:

When I left I was "roughly" 168 lbs. I say roughly because the last time I weighed myself was about 8 months prior at the doctors office. For those who know me well, that shouldn´t surprise them. For those of you who don´t know understand, read some of my nutrition aimed posts and you´ll get a better sense.
I ate mostly paleo and which will be the opposite for most of this trip. That should have a profound affect.
I am walking a lot more, but exercising less.
Lastly, I don´t focus on weight. I focus on body fat composition. Probably the best measurement will be waist size or belt notches. Currently, I´m about a 30 waist and at or close to the last notch inward of all my belts.

3 comments:

  1. You'll stay about the same. Give or take 5lbs, maybe. That's my bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you'll lose and gain weight throughout the trip depending on where you go. There are different diets in different countries obviously, and some countries you walk more and walk less. I know when I went to europe I lost weight just because we walked so much and the diet was relatively healthy. In Africa I gained weight because they fed you alot and you didnt walk around due to the dangers in the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gonna get FAAAAAAAAAT! ha

    ReplyDelete