30 September, 2010

This Week Is Trying My Patience

There are several things to report as take off draws nearer.  The first is that I moved my bed and most of my shit out of my room at the Kirkwood house.  The second is that I want to upper decker my doctors office.

As I moved out last night, it really hit me hard that this is actually happening.  It's been so far off for so long, but now things are really starting to get cooking.  I've found myself getting anxiety and "second thoughts" or getting nostalgic.  Those second thoughts are just the fear of the unknown trying to parade around as rational thoughts.  They aren't.  The funny thing is the nostalgia.  I haven't even left yet and I'm getting sad over things. Every now and then I'll catch myself thinking about the friends, family, and Ivy I won't see.  Also, things like skiing, and hypothetical things like being on a boat on Lake Washington.  Even weirder is that I'm not normally that much of a nostalgic person.  Anyway, I know I'll miss everyone, but it isn't the end of the world and some of you have vague schemes to meet me somewhere.  I just have to keep telling myself that this is what I want to do, and that fear, that voice in my head, is the exact reason I need to do this.

Now about this week annoying the shit out of me.  I'll leave the whole, my dentist is trying to do unnecessary work on me, thing out.  I'll even leave out the massive amount of drama going on with my roommates (unrelated to me) that has me concerned over the $3,500 that is owed to me by my friend that took over the lease and that I'm counting on for this trip.  What really has me annoyed is the hours I've spent dealing with getting malaria medication from my doctor.  I talked with the Dr. and had most of the stuff straightened out except whether Malarone is covered by Medco.  It turns out it is.  However, it's $50 more than doxycycline.

So, I tell them that I want Doxy and to fax the order on Tuesday. Wednesday, I get 4 calls from his nurse, in which I answer all the questions that I did on the Friday.  AND she's right next to my Dr. (I could hear him telling her things).  After 4 conversations she faxes it off.  It bounces back.  She calls me at 4:40 to tell me this, and doesn't know why, just that they wanted more info.  I tell her I will call Medco and then CALL HER BACK within 10 minutes.  Turns out she didn't fax the prescription, just the fucking cover page.  I call at 4:50 and she has left for the day.  Then, the receptionists start being dick heads.  As coincidence would have it, my doctor turns out to be the physician on call that night.  Naturally, I felt like since this would take 2 minutes and he knows what happened that I should be able to talk to him.  The butthole receptionist told me that my situation wasn't an emergency and therefore that he wouldn't pass the message on, nor would anyone there help me.  I called in today to leave a message, and guess what... 4 conversations later...  the shit is finally shipping.  This wouldn't be as annoying if my insurance didn't run out tomorrow.  Part of this is my fault and I understand that, but for a a doctor's office you'd expect there'd be a higher level of competence.  I am still considering leaving them an upper decker.

I definitely deserve some good karma coming up.

Some interesting updates:
My brothers finally booked their flights.  They are joining me in Costa Rica and will leave when I do from Panama.

No comments:

Post a Comment