21 February, 2015

It's Time Again...

The last I left you, I came back to Seattle, got back together with Ivy and it's been "happy ever after". Right?

For the most part this has been true. I mean A LOT has changed since I got back. Some good, some bad. I still REALLY miss the real world.

The bad is mostly an expression of re-assimilation into the insanity that is "American" life. After experiencing ineffable things with nature and the world, within 2 years it's completely gone. Rarely, do I feel chi at all. There's just no time. That may seem like a cop-out, unless, you live in the US; there's just no time for real life. I'm sorry if that's seems offensive to friends and family, but it's real.


I fought the "American dream" for 2 years after coming back - the biggest culture shock I experienced was coming home - but finally had to cave because i wanted a life with Ivy. I don't regret that decision, I think it was a good choice. However, I no longer feel any chi - in any sense - flowing through me or around me, except the very rare circumstances. I miss being connected with the universe, but really what can I expect out of a culture where it's more important to work than be happy. Where the inequality between the haves (and even the middle class) is at at an all time high. Those with an income of $50-60k are struggling to survive in Seattle (without roommates) and that's INSANE.
But enough about monetary and political things because I doubt anyone reading this really cares about how fucked the financial situation in Seattle (and really the disparity of wealth in the US as a whole) is.
Ivy and I are the real story that came out of my travels. Of that, there are many trials and tribulations. I mentioned the home coming in previous posts and we've been living together since. We made it through moldy apartments, career changes (on both sides, more on that in later posts), moving apartments once a year, and so on. The things we've been through would probably end in breakups, but somehow we've managed. And that gives me not just hope for the future, but inspiration to be a better me. Sometimes it's hard to see that, but when, I can take a step back and look, and damn... that's some movie worthy shit.

So, we're getting married and yes there is a shit load to catch up on. The important things will hopefully make their way out in due time, but lets reiterate what I just said first. I. AM. GETTING. FUCKING. MARRIED. I'm getting fucking married. I'm getting married. For those of you, well never-mind, for everyone regardless - I never expected/wanted to get married. I've never seen the value in getting hitched - and truthfully, still don't in a legal sense. I love the romance of getting married. I am looking very much forward to, under the universe (or some type of god if you're religious), saying this is the person that I care about most in the world and committing to being in love with for the rest of my life and all the things that come with that commitment. I mean thinking about it makes me a little emotional. I just don't get the legal aspect of marriage. When I say that, I mean, I understand marriage within our current political system, but needing a document to prove your intentions really makes no sense to me...

Again, not trying to go ramble into some tangent - lets get to the point. I am marrying Ivy, the girl whom was the only reason I came home. As for the wedding, I somehow found a woman that doesn't like that kind of attention, like me. We are getting married by our selves on a deserted island in the Philippines, and the date is our anniversary. The location is her idea, the timing is mostly mine.
I am very much looking forward to committing myself to her under the universe. In many ways, I feel this was somewhat predestined. Don't know how to explain it really. Ivy and I were meant to meet and share our lives together in some capacity. We have been living what seems like a married life ever since I got home, so, it seems more a formality than anything. I don't want to speak for Ivy, but for me I don't really want to make a big deal out of it because it isn't really since we're already there.

So, our wedding is in the Philippines, which is good because I've started getting that feeling again.

That itch is back. The itch to travel is BACK!!! This may come as a shock to many, but I hadn't felt it (for real) until recently. Let me clarify first, I had it immediately after returning home, but most of that was culture shock. Then I had goals that I wanted to accomplish personally, then there were "career" things, and all of a sudden it's 3+ years later. However, I can pinpoint the day that it came back again to Feb. 6th, 2015. Music, pictures, art, life just started having that hair-raising feeling and began flowing that way again for me. For example, this music in "The Giver" that i watched last week "ruined" me (and the scene was even more powerful; the movie as a whole spoke to me whereas before it likely wouldn't have):

I made it clear in posts right before (and after) I got home that Ivy would be part of future travels. Obviously, our wedding (only 2 weeks) is the start. The real world is calling though, and 2 weeks is not enough for the real world. It'll be good to sorta be out there again even though it will be vacation and not traveling. A big trip is coming again though, I just need to start setting up the financing. Stay tuned, I'm "sorta" back.

Yours,
Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment