24 September, 2009

froggy language



so, i started French today. i fronted the money for one of those Rosetta Stone programs. so far the program has annoyed me (surprise). there were a couple of things - first, it has this key code and i had trouble finding it cause i left it with the box. second, it is a little glitchy with the pronunciation stuff. for example, i was fucking up saying "egg" and so i clicked to hear it, it sounded to me like what i was say, so i said "what the fuck" and it green lighted me on the "fuck" portion - they are not similar sounding. third, it has some parts that are made for ratards.

anyway, even though it is slightly annoying and my roommates are making fun of me (Nicole) for trying to speak French around them, it is slightly exciting too. if i can get start speaking a good amount of French before the end of Spring, it's on to German. it would be nice to have both under my belt before i leave. sure Spanish is probably the most important, but i feel like that will return pretty quickly once i am immersed in it.
on a separate topic, i decided to pay my car off next month. fuck Capital One (who i got my loan through). what pushed me over the edge was not that they lock your online account out if you don't visit every 90 days (which there isn't need to do because they send you a statement of what they auto-debit your account). it wasn't that their online service can't go further back than 6 months, meaning you can't see your entire payment history to see if they made a mistake somewhere or to reconcile with your bank records. it was that i got a thing from their auditors claiming that i owed extra money - about $125. mind you that this is a direct withdraw from my bank and any error would be on their side, though should not be because they are charging me about 50 cents more a month than a loan payment calculator comes up with for my rate. AND a couple of payments were above the amount that was required monthly. but of course their is no way to tell without ordering some sort of discovery against them to get my payments, since their website won't let me. so fuck it, i'm paying the rest off a year early so i can be rid of their bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment