31 December, 2010

Tops of 2010

Hey yall,
Here are the top things of the year. Now, some of these may not have been created this year, but they entered my life this year and for me that is what counts. Without further ado:


Top album - The Head & the Heart. By far my favorite album of the year. They are a Seattle band that Im positive has served me drinks at one point in time. They have a catchy blugrass/folk feel. The songs dont get old because they dont really have hooks, they just kick ass.

Top song - Welcome Home, Son. By Radical Face.

Top movie - Hmmm. Havent seen any that immediately come to mind. Im sure Im missing something, cause I feel like I saw a badass movie for the first time this year that was released years ago. Oh well. I guess then itd have to be Inception.

Top youtube video - Bed Intruder. Make sure to see the song too. 

Top TV show - Californication. Hank Moody is probably one of my favorite all time characters (behind Bender from Futurama) ever created. He is everything you want to be and dont want to be.

Top book - This is a tough one. I read about 10 or 12 books this year. Id have to say that for life changing: The 4-Hour Workweek. I already knew I was doing this trip before I read the book, however, it changed the way I view work and its relationship to with my life. I will not be the same again.
My other favorite was The Lost City of Z. It was especially relevent because it came randomly (or not so randomly) into my possesion inbetween coming out of the Amazon jungle and getting on a boat down the Amazon.

Top country - America. Ha, just kidding.Out of the places Ive been this year - USA, Belize, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, and Brazil. The winner will go to Brazil.

Top experience - Everything to do with the minute I set foot in the Amazon till the second I left it behind. Please, please visit this amazing place (and give yourself a month or more minimum).

Top random piece of conversation - "hemroids or no hemroids?"

Top phrase - Jog on. UK women use this as a "fuck off" to guys. I like it.

1 comment: